Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mele Kalikimaka

I just wanted to share a little part of my brother's email...

I love to read Christmas stories to know the true meaning of giving i thought about Christmas this week and thought of all the Santa clause and gifts and that. Then i read a quote that said "If it wasn't for the atonement there would be no Christmas, no Santa, no gifts, this would never exist" i thought that was cool with out the atonement Jesus wouldn't be the Christ he would of been just a man that lived and taught good things the atonement completes the meaning of Christmas so remember that in you heart we are celebrating the birth of Christ and usually when we have birthdays we do everything to make that persons day and please them so we should do the same for Christ and he said the way you can please him is found in Mosiah 2:17 we can serve others around us i love you all so much i thank you so much for the love and support i have from my family i can't wait to talk to you. Mom and dad maybe you can have woody run down the stairs now since he is a house dog? but i love you so much I'll talk to ya Friday MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Elder Jones

I'm very excited to talk to Jordan tomorrow. Having a missionary out makes Christmas so exciting. I love my brother so much. He has always been a very good example to me.

Funny story about Woody(quite the name we know:) is not a house dog he just really wants to be. I don't blame him its COLD in Nephi. This last Monday morning around 4 am when Paul got home he came through my parents back door and was trying really hard to be quite so he didn't wake anyone up. He didn't close the door tight and Woody(huge chocolate lab) welcomed himself in the house. We could hear someone walking around up stairs Paul says to me dang it I woke your mom up. She's a light sleeper so I told him its okay she wont be mad at you and we went to bed. I went up stairs when I woke up and my mom says Paul must of been trying real hard not to wake us up and didn't close the door tight and Woody came in and took the garbage and scattered it all around the house and took all of the shoes by the back door outside and was laying in the living room when my mom came out of the bed room. I was dying I couldn't believe it. We were all amazed he didn't take down the Christmas tree and the whole house.

SO when Paul said dang it I woke your mom up...IT WASN'T HER walking around up stairs it was the dog! My mom thought it was Paul walking around and didn't want to make him feel weird if she got up and went out there to see why he was being so loud. When she finally came out of her room she came out to find a big mess and woody laying in the living room chewing on my dad's slipper! Sorry again Mom!!!
Mele Kalikimaka!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh way word...You put the Woody story on..I didn't read down far enough the last time I got on to read. We just love that dang dog?
Just funny, but good memories! :)lol This is were that word patience comes in good again lol
We love dogs...right?