Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baby Update

Warning: this post might be boring to some- no pictures a lot of reading
Our little guy was moving around like crazy at the ultra sound we did at 18 weeks. That's the one that they checked the heart and all the rest of the things they check.They tell you to drink 32oz in 30 minutes and don't use the bathroom for an hour. Sounds easy but its not it kinda hurts. He was moving so much that they couldn't get real good pictures of him. He wouldn't even show his face. Naughty! In the middle of the Ultra sound the girl tells me to go pee just a little bit...um i don't know how to go pee just a little bit. They couldn't get good enough pictures of his heart and some other things. At our last doctors appointment we were told we needed to get another one. We went in for another ultra sound yesterday and my friend and old roommate Tana was able to do it this time. She does an amazing job. She explains everything to us and you can tell she knows her stuff! I didn't have to drink as much water this time. Our little guy was way more calm this time. Way to go little one! She said the heart and the rest of the parts look good! He's still a boy to:)He's measuring up to be a big baby. I'm very excited about that! I love big babies! We got lots of pictures. He's growing like crazy. My grandma Shirley was in town yesterday and wanted to come to the ultra sound. It was fun to have her there:) Some other fun things that have been happening.....

-I've been feeling him a lot more lately. Its the most amazing thing.
-Paul felt him for the first time Sunday night. He LOVED it!
-My mom is going to make the baby bedding:)
-At night I feel HUGE
-I need a couple new bra's:) :)
-I'm not sick anymore!
-I talk and Sing to our little guy when I'm alone. I'm pretty sure he doesn't enjoy it when I sing. That's alright little one not a lot of people do!;)
-I'm not excited about the Glucose Tolerance Test(you know the orange drink and the blood work) If you know me I'm afraid of needles and I've been told the orange drink is pretty nasty.)
-I went to the dentist Tuesday and my gums are black and blue(A few people did warn me that my gums would hurt because they are more tender when pregnant) Painful! I'll never do that again.
-Paul wants to take our little guy to his first BYU football game on Saturday(if we can get tickets)
-I have dreams about our baby almost every night.

That's it for now. I know I say this all the time but I'm going to say it again and probably lots more...I'm SO So so excited to meet our little boy and to hold him. I'm a little scared for the giving birth part but I'm sure by the end I'll be SO ready for him to be here. I love you little guy and I love to feel you. It keeps me going and reminds me that all this getting big stuff is going to be so worth it! I love you!

11 comments:

..Amber.. said...

Keisha you are an amazing mommy already! The giving birth part is really not that bad and you quickly forget it!

Malaree said...

You are so cute! I'm glad that everything is going great! Chubby babies are the best... Kayson is the best and happiest baby on this planet! Don't worry about the glucose test. I am scared of needles too, but just remember it's for your little man and you will be fine! The orange drink is kinda nasty, but just plug your nose and down it fast! You probably won't ever want to drink orange soda again, but oh well! Love ya lots :)

julee said...

see, lori making the bedding is a fabulous idea. and new bras, yay for bigger boobs? haha...

i hope i can see ya tomorrow, and hopefully you can get tickets to the game for paul's birthday. i hear it's gonna be a good one! :]

loooooove your collage on the top of your page. how do you do that? not that i want to post pictures of JUST myself everywhere, but it would be fun.

let's catch up soon. mmmk. love you pumpkin tits!

Michael & Nikki said...

I loved your post! Super excited to hear he is a "big" baby! I love the chubbiness. Kam has NO chubbiness. :( skinny minny.
*Yay for bigger boobs.. just wait till after he gets here and your mild comes in, you'll want to rip them off :) then when its all said and done, I think they shrink smaller then before, sorry i know its bad news!!
*The birth is the most amazing part ever, dont be nervous, be excited! Its so neat. I hope yours goes like mine did.
*and Yes my gums bled everytime I brushed.. be careful! it hurts..

This long comments means I dont see you enough... :(

Michael & Nikki said...

I meant *MILK not *MILD..
you know I struggle lol

Hollie said...

haha I'm still laughing. Pee a little? are you kidding. Who can pee a LITTLE?? haha and kelsha..the singing...oh your baby would be the only one to love it. He probably thinks it sounds like the mormon tab choir. :) I was sooo nervous for the glucose test. It was not bad at all!!!! I promise. I hate needles and I hate orange soda so I imagined it to be horrible. Not so bad. I got woozy afterwards but that was the worst part. You'll do great! I miss you....

Tana said...

Peeing a little does take some talent, but can be done! You'll have to learn all about "kegles" (google it), after you have this little one, and you'll be a pro! I'm so glad I was able to scan you, and have a birthday party at the same time! Love love! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Tana

A bit about our little family... said...

I didn't find your post boring at all because I like hearing all about it! It is so exciting that you are gettting closer and closer! I'm glad Lori is doing your bedding- did I have any help in that plan because if so I would really like credit for it. Also, I might be really crazy but I actually didn't mind the orange drink at all. It was nice to sit back and have a nice orange drink on the rocks. Maybe my taste buds are abnormal but really...its no biggy! You'll be fine. Well tell Paul and Paul/Keisha Jr. hi! :)
ps. I wanna see a pic of your belly and boobs as well. I didn't get big boobs. That was probably my biggest let down thus far in the whole pregnancy/nursing thing. My boobs have shrunk and are more saggy. And the weird thing is that I'm STILL nursing. :( I wanted BIG honkers.

The McInnes Family said...

Sounds like you are really having fun being pregnant. I absolutely love it! I just had the Glucose Tolerance test done and I didn't think the orange drink was bad at all. It just tastes like orange Kool-Aid with a bit of a kick. As for the birthing process I love that too! It can be a bit nerve racking just because it is such a big deal, but just breathe through the contractions and think of a happy place and all will be good! The whole miracle of life is absolutely amazing!

Timmy and Trini said...

Keisha, you are going to be the cutest mommy. You also are very cute pregnant. I hope I will be at the hospital when you give birth that would be fun :)

raquelb said...

I'm sitting at my computer at work bawling at your post! I can tell how much you love being prego and how much you love your baby. I can't wait to experience what you are! Good luck Keish! You're beautiful!