Thursday, October 8, 2009

Love That Lasts

I'm not the best at reading books my mind wonders when I read but this book I've actually done really good at not letting my mind wonder. My Mom gave Paul and I this book a little while after we got married. We just opened it up and started reading it about a month ago. It really is a good book! I think everyone should read it:) I've even been high lighting some parts that I really like. Here are a few things I have high lighted so far...

--"The greatest gift you can give your children is parents who love each other."

--"If you do what you have always done, you'll get what you've always gotten."

--God put it all in perspective when He said "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife"(Genesis 2:24) I'm certain He was referring to both spouses. There is no question that He intended us to put each other first.

--Making your marriage your number one priority. It takes effort, but there is no other way if we are to succeed, and succeeding with my family is very important. Its what our life is really all about.

These are just a few things in this book so far that I really like.
I dare you all to go out and get this book!:)

3 comments:

Taya said...

Hey Keisha! Cameron and I actually got this book for a wedding present. We haven't started reading it yet.... Hopefully we will soon:)

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

Public Library here I come! I am really excited I hope that have it:)

Malaree said...

ooohhh... that sounds like a good book to read. I could use some marriage advice lol! Just telling you that I love my dogs, but if I could go back in time (like when I got Mia) I would have waited until my kids were older like the age they are now. They are pretty good at taking care of the dogs for me and like to walk them, feed them and take them out to potty. It is just a little frustrating with a new puppy that is exactly like a kid and you have to take out in the night and it barks at 5 in the morning! So, there is my advice :) Hope you are feeling well! Love ya!