Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's that time of year...

ITS FREEZING OUTSIDE!!!
Its time to bust out the winter clothes(I hope mine fits!) Its that time of year where I just want to turn on the fire place, make some yummy hot chocolate in the cocomotion machine...sweet wedding present thanks Tana:) Bake some yummy treats put on a Christmas movie and cuddle with my husband the whole day! Today when I woke up it looked cold outside. Paul and I got our warm clothes and went for a walk...BRRRR it was stinkin cold! My face was frozen when we got back! I have been anything but cold lately. I didn't think I could get cold being the oven that I am. I made Banana Bread for the first time well actually its cooking right now so we'll see if it turns out but when its cold I feel like cooking! If anyone has yummy goodie ideas....PLEASE share! I feel like I always make the same things... Like
YUMMY Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Cookies...
(1) box Spice Cake Mix
(1) 15 oz. can Pure Pumpkin
mini chocolate chips
bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
easy Easy EASY!
p.s. don't add the egg, oil, or water to the spice cake mix.

(these are not my cookies just a random picture i found so my post isn't picture less)

6 comments:

The Robison's said...

do you just want cookies and breads, or dinner ideas! Try that taco soup! So good. We had it the other night! I think of some others and let ya know!

The Robison's said...

founds some more yummy ones!
Taco soup:
1 lb hamburger
1 med onion
1pkg taco seasoning
1 can corn
2 can of kidney beans
2 (28oz) cans of diced or stewed tomatoes
2 (8oz) can tomato sauce
2 cups of salsa
1 can of olives
1 can of chili beans
brown hamburger and onion, Drain fat. Add remaining ingredients, simmer for 30 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and sour cream. Serve with chips.

Pumpkin Crisp:
Mix:
1 (15oz) can pumpkin
1 cup evap. milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
Sprinkle:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup nuts (optional)
1 stick of butter
Mix first 5 ingredients together. Pour in to 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with whole box of cake mix and top with nuts and butter(cubed). Bake for 1 hour @ 350 degrees. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

Daniel and Brianna said...

i agree when you said you just want to cuddle up and watch a christmas movie! i didnt make it out of my pj's yesterday! when its looking cold outside all i want to do is have movie day!

Finlinson Family said...

Homemade Twix bars (incredibly fattening but so yummy!)

CRUST
2 cubes margarine
2 C. flour
1/2 C. + 2 Tbsp Sugar
mix together and press in jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cool.

CARAMEL
2 cubes butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. Karo syrup
Bring to a boil and cook until caramel color, stiring contstantly. Spread over crust. Sprinkle one bag of chocolate chips over top of caramel. Let melt a little then spread.



Better than Sex Cake
1 pkg german chocolate cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar (17 oz) caramel, butterscotch, or fudgy ice cream topping. ( I like to mix caramel and fudge).
8 oz cool whip
1 bag toffee chips ( you could also use crushed up Heath bars)

Bake cake as directed. Cool 15 minutes. Poke top of cake every 1/2 inch with the handle of wooden spoon. Drizzle with sweetened condesed milk. Let stand until milk has been absorbed. Drizzle with ice cream topping. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toffee. Make sure you refrigerator leftovers!

KK and Company said...

I made a pumpkin roll for the first time this year, and it was SOOOO good. It was a bit difficult, but it was a challenge and I was so excited when it turned out. You can get the recipe and instructions here:

http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/2009/10/perfect-pumpkin-roll.html

Michael & Nikki said...

ok.. So I was going to give a recipe for Pumpkin Bars with Icing.. which I still can if you want it. YUM!!
But I had to share this one.. Its not a "treat" but its a good appitizer or just a snack..

Artichoke Dip ( I hope you like Artichokes)

1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, draned and chopped.
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 (4oz) can diced green chilies

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, cheese and green chilies. Mix well and pour into a 2quart casserole dish.
3.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

SO delicious!!! Let me know if you try it out!
and I'm going to try out the pumpkin cookies! can't wait!!