Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart...

Grandpa's funeral was perfect. My Dad, Uncle Mike and Uncle Val did a great job talking about their Dad and all their memories. Grandpa was a funny guy:) He had a joke for everything. Every Sunday growing up we rode our bikes down to Grandma and Grandpa's to visit. Him and grandma didn't and still don't miss a thing! He didn't miss one thing from Dance recitals, Tball games, and Jr. jazz when we were little to Cheer, Drill team,Sports and Proms when we were in High school and everything after Weddings, Baby blessings, Birthdays and so much more. He's the best Grandpa we could ever ask for. I hope he knows how much we love and miss him!! It just wont be the same without him. We know he's in a better place and that's what helps us get through this sad time. He isn't hurting anymore and He is now with his family and our kids that are waiting to come to this earth. I'm sure he's telling them all sorts of stories about us!;)

A few things that I loved about my grandpa

-his wink

-his nicknames he had for us kids. Mckely Ellie, Mandee Mo, Keisha Maleisha, and Fourdoor.

-he was so quick to say something funny

(I forgot my camera so I'm waiting to get them from my mom)

WALKING WITH GRANDPA
I like to walk with Grandpa,His steps are short like mine.He doesn't say "Now Hurry Up,"He always takes his time.Most people have to hurry,They don't stop and see.I'm glad that God made Grandpa,Unrushed, and young like me.



We gave this quote to my Dad in a picture frame for Christmas and I think it Fits both my Dad and Grandpa Ted!

This quote was at the end of my Dad's talk...
“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”

1 comment:

Malaree said...

Your Grandpa was such a great guy keish! I just love ya to pieces and I am so writing that quote down... I love it! Good job Gary :) We really are getting together... SOON!