Wednesday, November 11, 2009

...

I know I still have 10 more weeks but I'm Getting A Little Nervous for the giving birth part! How bad is it going to hurt???This email kinda gives me a little idea;)


A woman goes to her doctor who verifies that she is pregnant. This is her first pregnancy. The doctor asks her if she has any questions.

She replies, "Well, I'm a little worried about the pain. How much will childbirth hurt?"

The doctor answered, "Well, that varies from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy and besides, it's difficult to describe pain."

"I know, but can't you give me some idea?," she asks.

"Grab your upper lip and pull it out a little..."

"Like this?"

"A little more..."

"Like this?"

"No. A little more..."

"Like this?"

"Yes. Does that hurt?"

"A little bit."

"Now stretch it over your head!"

10 comments:

Malaree said...

lol that's terrible! Just remember to get an epidural :) If it was THAT bad do you think everyone would keep having babies? You will be great and it is amazing. Love you!

Michael & Nikki said...

Im in the library AT school, and I totally giggled OUT LOUD!! whoops! That is so funny!! Love it!

Hollie said...

My favorite text from you of all time was right after I had Jaxon..you said "Did it hurt bad?" I started laughing...HARD. ;) Love ya

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

haha so funny! Just get your epidural and it is smooth sailing...well comparatively speaking. It really is not like pain bad, just tiring. At least thats what I thought. Just bring a good movie or show to watch and you will be fine. We watched Friends pretty much the whole time and it helped distract me haha. You can borrow the series if you want:)

Em said...

That about sums it up HA or think of pushing out a watermelon its kind of like that. BUT the thing is you totally forget about any of it the second you see that little face. All worth it!!!!!! You will be ok I promise!

Tasker Trio said...

It isn't that bad I promise-like everyone said once you see them its all worth it! Every woman is different but mine felt like WAY bad cramps and that's it. Maybe I had it easy bit idk. You will be really nervous but you will do great and you will make a great mom too!

PS-By the way I just wanted to tell you I love reading your posts! :) They are so fun! Even though we live so far away and hardly ever talk I love reading your blog-I check it all the time!

KK and Company said...

Oh my gosh that is sooo funny! You will make it through. You can do it! I believe in you!

julee said...

i'm glad people have already left comments before i say what i'm about to say...

okay. "grab your upper lip & pull it out a little..."

did that.

"a little more..."

did that.

"no. a little more..."

did that.

just couldn't stretch it over my head. shoooooooooot. embarassing.

i heard it's like pushing a watermelon out your nose. um, ouch!

i'm sure you will be fine. i can't say anything anyone else has said, because i have not had a child. but i'll be so supportive! :)

thekimbo said...

I didn't think the labor was bad at all. Just get an epidural :) I'm asking for one the moment I walk in those doors!

The jarretts said...

Keisha I love the email!!!
I love reading your blog!! You are awesome!!
I love you!!