Sunday, April 19, 2009

...siSteRs...

Growing up I wanted to be just like my sisters. I followed them around,wanted to wear their clothes and make up, wanted them to do my hair all the time and so many other things that were probably real annoying. I know that they didn't always love it . I sometimes wondered if they even liked me lol I think they were sometimes embarrassed of me(I did got through a pretty awkward ugly stage with really short hair terrible buck teeth and kinda chubby to help you get a idea of what I looked like:)). We had plenty of fights pretty much beat each other up some days verbally and physically lol. But I don't know of a lot of sisters that didn't when they were growing up. Now we laugh and joke about it all the time. Since I've been married I've thought about them a lot and how my sisters and my mom have been such great examples to me my whole life and how I really do want to be just like them. I've missed them so much lately and I think one of the hardest things for me right now is living so far away. I call them every chance I get(twenty seven times a day) and I think sometimes they wonder why I call so much but its cause I like to listen to them with their kids and I love to just talk about anything and everything with them. I know I can call and they're there to listen to me vent or just to talk and laugh. One of the many things I get real excited about(Paul can agree with me on this one) is I LOVE when they come stay I could have them stay weeks at a time or months. When I'm with my sisters I still watch everything they do and I still want to be just like them. We are all so much a like but also so different. I love it! I hope one day we can all be pregnant at the same time...how fun would that be! I wish I lived close to them so I could watch their kids and just be able to just go hang out. I really just want my sisters to know that I love them so much and I really don't know where I'd be without them. Thanks for ALWAYS being here for me. You're truly my very best friends!
You can kid the world. But not your sister. ~Charlotte Gray
The best thing about having a sister is that I always have a friend. ~Cali Rae
Sisters by chance, friends by choice
If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Keisha..I am so glad you are so close as sisers and That You love each other like you do.I am so blessed to have 3 wonderful daughters...that watch over each other like you do. Love you, Mom

McKel said...

Keisha
Thanks for your post, it's so nice to have sisters, and sisters that you know would do anything for each other. Love you and maybe for that, I will post something on my blog....maybe

The Frampton's said...

I know exactly how you feel :) especially since I'm the youngest of 5 girls. I don't know what I would do without mine. :) They are the best things EVER. :)
P.S. I love your hair. SOOO CUTE!!!

Tyler & Cassie said...

I feel ya!! I remember being the same way with my older sisters and I still am. I remember when they would go drag main, I always wanted to go with them and I never understood why they wouldn't take me with:). They are the best even the younger one:).
Hey I don't think I got your email to add you to my blog, so send me an email. cassie_boggess@yahoo.com

The Robison's said...

Keisha, Sure love ya! i am so glad i have you as my sister! I enjoy talking to you for hours on the phone! It's fun! I miss you too. Thanks for your post. i love my sisters! I am so gratful for everything that you do for me and the way you are always willing to help me with any thing expecally with Jayden! Love you sister!

The jarretts said...

Keisha,
That is so cool what you wrote! What would we do if we didn't have sisters! I feel the same way about your mom. I wish we lived closer so we could just hang out too! But I love calling her and chatting! I love you Keisha! I am lucky to have sweet neices!!
Love ya,
Kristi