Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Comforter

Both babies are sleeping and I had a free second and I probably should be washing the dishes or the mountain of laundry but instead I'm blogging. I have a strong feeling that I need to write down something I experienced during labor with my sweet little Ellie. Have you heard of the Comforter? The Holy ghost? I grew up going to church and I've learned about the holy ghost and have felt the holy ghost with me in times of trouble in my life but I had never felt the ghost like I did almost two months go. I can't stop thinking about how I felt. How calm I felt during the scariest time of my life. While my husband and family were being talked to by a social worker not knowing if I was going to live. When I would wake up seconds at a time I felt calm. SO calm. I can't explain it. It was peaceful. I think about it a lot and I never want to forget how I felt. When my mom told me I would have to have Ellie natural after everything that had happened...I felt calm. I know my heavenly father was with me. I felt the comforter. I felt safe. I can't help but wonder if that is how it feels when you die. I really do believe that is how you will feel. He will be with you. I was trying my hardest to stay awake and when I probably should have been terrified to die I felt calm. I think about this a lot. Our heavenly father doesn't leave your side. Ever. He will be with you through the good and the bad. I believe.

"Even if all the world is crumbling around us, the promised Comforter will provide His peace."

3 comments:

Malaree said...

Kiesh, I love you and your testimony. You are such a great example to me! Miss you :)

Malaree said...

Yes, I do know how to spell KEISH lol, whoops! Still friends ha ha?

Sarah Ball said...

love this! thanks for sharing!