Wednesday, February 10, 2010

welcome home connly

first time in his car seat:)Proud daddy carrying his boy out of the hospital:)We headed home from the hospital the morning after Connly was born. We were very ready to be home(heather I got my second turkey sandwich to go!Yum! I would love one right now the hospital had really good food!:)I got a little nervous when were packing up to leave I couldn't believe they were going to let us go they trusted us with this tiny little baby? Well that tiny baby is ours so I guess they had to trust us. My parents were home waiting for us. I couldn't wait to get home to show my dad Connly. He only got to see him for just a minute after I had him(him and mckel were sneaky and followed some guy through the doors) because of the hospital rules only Paul and my mom could be in the room.
I'll never forget that ride home. I've never been so nervous about Paul's driving. We had been working on his driving for 9 months(he's a crazy driver) I was having a heart attack in the back with the baby. We stopped by Paul's mom's house on the way home she wanted to take a peek at him through the window because she was sick. For some reason Paul thought he needed to back in to her drive way and as we were leaving he drives off her curb! He is getting better at being a safer driver! Practice Practice Practice!;) When we pulled up to our home this is what we saw... Thanks mom and dad we LOVED it!



It felt good to be home and to sleep in our own bed. Connly and me had an all nighter his first night but he's done real well with sleeping at night ever since.

3 comments:

The McInnes Family said...

Oh Keisha that is so funny! I am so glad that you got your fill on turkey sandwiches! We really should work out a deal with Trini to hook us up! They are so so yummy!

julee said...

oh little pauline. that is funny! you would just die if i was in the driver seat now wouldn't ya? we need to place all those balloons on the "for sale" sign now. gotta get up north! love spending the weekend with you. miss you. :(

A bit about our little family... said...

Oh my! haha that makes me laugh about paul and his driving. Especially driving off of the curb! I am so happy for you guys. You guys are such cute parents!!
ps. I wonder if you will be like me...I rode in the back with Nixon for along time. I still sometimes do!!