Thursday, February 11, 2010

A week with Grandma Lori...

Connly's first week My mom came to stay for the week and I can thank her enough for all her help. I haven't hung out and talked with my mom everyday all day for a whole week like that probably since high school. I loved every minute of it.



We gave Connly his first bath he didn't love it at first

but he then decided it wasn't that bad after all:)





Getting ready to go to the Doctor
Stretching:) He can curl up so little and then when he is mad he sticks his long legs and arms straight out!He did not want to be naked!
Dr. Thompson
He really is such a good guy.I'm really glad he was able to deliver Connly.
He delivered him in a hat:)


His first blow out:) I can't count how many times this is happened now. He's peed on both Paul and me a million times and the wall that his changing table is against a couple times. Almost every time he gets a bath. We're ready to cover him now but it caught us off gaurd the first couple times:)
I love when he lays like this. So cute

Grandma Lori lovin on Connly:) We sure do miss her around here!
Connly's first week was great! He is such a good baby. He loves bath time,He loves sleeping, bouncing on the exercising ball, being wrapped up tight before bed time, he wakes up around 12:30 or 1:00am and then again around 4:30 or 5:00am that's it. He is always curled up in a little ball unless he is mad.




His long skinny legs:)


My Dad, sisters and their kids came to see Connly and take my mom back to Nephi:( I was so happy to see them but knew that my mom was leaving and I didn't what to think about that. My mom was so much help. The week consisted of eating, talking, laughing,cuddling with Connly, eating and more cuddling with Connly! It came time for them to leave. Paul was at work. I hadn't really thought about my mom leaving all week so when she was packing up her bags to go it hit me pretty hard. It was going to be just Connly and me. I held my tears in until my mom was hugging me goodbye...I lost it! I cried like a baby! All us girls were crying not too long after I started...3 hours is just so far away!!!(I know it could be worse but thank goodness it isn't!) Thanks again so much mom for taking the week off and coming down to take care of us!
WE LOVE and Miss you!
Connly's button fell off the night grandma left


10 comments:

The McInnes Family said...

That's a good post Keisha. There really is nothing like having your mom around. I was so grateful that my mom could come and help for a week. Even though she's just 20 min away. Your little Connly is a cutie. I just love newborns!

Kam and Jodie said...

This post made me cry! Aren't moms the greatest? I don't know what I would do without mine. I am glad yours had the opportunity to come and help you out! What a great blessing.

Lisa Nielsen said...

He is so amazing. I need to see him again soon! We love our moms:) It's so hard living far away. His newborn photos are so cute!!!

Lori said...

Thanks alot Keis for making me cry and cry!!!! It brought the day back..walking out the door was so hard..Cause I didn't want to leave. We had such a great time together. I was so proud of you...your the best little mom ever!Your doing such a great job with Connly! I can't wait until May and then I will have you 3 closer! Sorry I havn't been on the computer..just monday's for a email. But I loved all your pictures! And your write ups! You make me laugh! I love and miss you so much! Happy Valentines Day ...Hogue Family! Love Mom

The Allen Family said...

Keisha he is so adorable! I love all that hair. It looks like you are doing such a good job. I remember the day my mom left, I just sat at the front door with a baby in each arm and cried. It was scary, but we made it! You're such a good mommy.

Aaron and Bonnie said...

I am so glad your mom came for a whole week!! That is awesome. I love that you are back at posting. Connly is so nice to sleep so well for you. You are doing great and your little man is adorable!!

KK and Company said...

I loved this post! I have tears welling in my eyes! What a beautiful baby. You are so blessed!

Worwood Family said...

He is a doll keisha!!!! Congrats

Vance Family of 5 said...

He is adorable! It's amazing how much we rely on our moms huh? I remember crying for hours after my mom left. We want to come visit you guys! Hopefully soon :)

Anonymous said...

Keish Connly is sooo cute! For real he is one of the few babys that are cute from the second they come out!!! You are such a good mom too! cant wait to see you guys again! LOVE U!