Sunday, January 31, 2010

Labor Story

Here is a quick update!

Us before Connly made it here.Trini and Me Thanks for your help Trini I think walking around in the bathroom helped!:) My mom and me I was so happy to see her!!!










Trini made his cute little name! We loved it! Thanks!

Our first family picture. Yes we look tired it was a long 20 hours but SO worth it!



Connly and Grandma Lori!









My Sister and Dad snuck in haha Mandee tried but they caught her!



































Fat feet












So tired!
Thanks for being there mom! She is a trooper she stayed awake with me the whole time! Not to mention she is a great pushing coach!:)






On January 22nd we went to the doctor's around 8:45 I was still at a three. He striped my membranes again. He said wow this little boy has a lot of hair! I couldn't believe he could actually feel his head. He then goes on to tell us he was leaving town tomorrow and we needed to get this baby here today haha We laughed because we both knew I'd been trying anything and everything to get him to come out for weeks. He says go home have sex(sorry but that's what he said) and then go for a long walk and if you feel anything go in. I tried not to get my hopes up but I couldn't help but be so excited. So we went for a run down the all too famous hill I went hopping, skipping and running down everyday. Then went and walked around the temple for about an hour I started to feel a few contractions nothing too big but he said if I felt anything go in. We walked over to the hospital at one and I've never pretended to be so brave and I thought for sure they were going to send me home. They got me all hooked up to the machines the nurse checked me I was still at a three and I was having contractions just not too close together the they called Doctor Thompson he was there delivering another baby so he came in and checked me almost a four so they told me they were going to watch me for an hour and then go from there. My contractions got really close about three minutes apart! A miracle happened!!;) The nurse had me walk around the halls for an hour it was so hard to walk but we did it and they decided to keep me at four o clock. I called my mom told her they were keeping me so her, my dad and sisters headed down. The nurse put my i.v. in I was so nervous I hate getting them! They had to poke me twice:( They broke my water at 5 I went as long as I could go without getting the epidural. I finally decided I couldn't take it anymore and asked for the epidural. My mom made it around eight I can't tell you how happy I was to see her!! They told us he'd be a midnight baby so knowing just a few more hours our sweet baby boy be there made me so happy! Well three different nurses later, epidural machine batteries going dead, feeling everything again, 20 hours of being in labor, only twenty minutes of pushing our baby Connly made his way into this world!!! BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD! I love being a mom! We love Connly more than anything and love that we get to be his parents! Life couldn't be better!

15 comments:

Hollie said...

YAY!!!!! THE BIRTH STORY. Is it weird that I now have a small obsession with hearing and reading others birthing stories. Every single story is a miracle in itself to me. Pregnancy, birth, and babies are all amazing and just more reasons to explain the great plan for us and how amazing our Heavenly Father is. I love you Keish! Good job. I'm glad your so happy. It truly is the best feeling in the world. :)

michellef said...

Congrats again to you guys!! This is going to be such a wonderful adventure, very tiresome at times but oh soo worth it. Best of Luck!! :)

KK and Company said...

AHH! I have been waiting to read this story! Sounds like you worked really hard to get your little man here. I am so happy it all went well. I am so proud to be your friend. I love ya and am sooo happy for you! He is such a cutie!! Congrats Keisha!

The McInnes Family said...

Good job Keisha! I love to hear birth stories. I am sorry that you were in labor for so long. I hope you got a yummy turkey sandwich out of it! That's why I have babies! Sounds like you did an awesome job! I can't wait to meet your little fella in person!

A bit about our little family... said...

Yay! Finally! I've been worried about you since you haven't responded to my texts and haven't posted! But I'm glad now to know you are doing good. I can't wait to see more pictures of the little guy. I LOVE his hair! Good job Keish! I'm proud of ya! Love ya!!

Lisa Nielsen said...

You are a trooper! I am so happy for you guys...you are the best parents. I loved holding the little angel. He is so precious and straight from Heaven!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

That is such a cute story! Your little family is adorable and that is great that your sister and dad made it in! Pretty hilarious actually! Congratulations on your little man and he is adorable!!

Malaree said...

such a sweet story to cherish! I love that picture of Paul and Connly... he is so happy! I am so excited for you guys to begin your journey! Congratulations on your gorgeous little guy and I can't wait to meet him! Love ya!

Kam and Jodie said...

I wish I could hold him! He is a doll. I am so happy you finally posted the labor story. I have been checking multiple times per day! Congratulations again!

Mills Family said...

YAY!!!!! He is perfect!! I am so happy for the both of you!! I cant wait to hold him! :) And I cant wait to have one! :)

julee said...

can't wait to see you saturday!

Michael & Nikki said...

Your amazing!! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see you and meet little Connly. Sorry I couldn't come Monday. We had other things come up, I'll have to explain later.. But I love you and so proud of you!! XOXO.. See you soon!

Stefanie D. said...

Congrats!! He is a cutie!

Josh, Darci, & Ainsley Bentley said...

Congrats to you guys! What a trooper you are Keisha, seriously 20 hours girl? You are awesome! He is a doll!!

Brad & Beth said...

You and Paul are so lucky!! Congrats again and again! YOu are awesome! I love your little "First family pic" Love you!!!