Tuesday, June 23, 2009

All will change come January...

This is our little story. Paul at first wanted to wait a year or two:) I didn't want to wait a year but we both agreed to 6 months or so. First off I tried birth control right before we got married and lets just say it made me feel crazy. So I got off of it. Then when we got married three months ago:) when I'd see babies I'd tell Paul I wanted one. He'd get this sick look on his face cause he knew I wasn't joking haha but the more we hung out with Avia, Madix Jayden and little Dezie I think he warmed up to the thought of having our own little baby:) Now here we are 10 weeks pregnant and excited as ever.Some people might be confused because we've only been married for just a short time but I guess we waste no time! I can't wait to have a little baby to take every where with me!How I found out and how I told Paul...I was 10 days late and I'm usually never late so I debated on taking a test I finally took one and there was no need to wait the three minutes when I sat the test down it instantly was positive I wasn't expecting it to be positive because we weren't really trying but I guess if your not on birth control you can't be too careful...just call me fertel merdel! Back to the story Paul wasn't home when I took the test but he was supposed to be home in five minutes so I'm running in circles trying figure out how I can tell him in a cute way. I could not find our gift bags and come on we just got married we have six million bags some where! I found one! and I couldn't find tissue paper to make it all cute so I resorted to paper towels! Oh man I was freakin out. I put the bag on the table with a little not that said Paul I just wanted to surprise you with a gift to remind you how much I love you! Inside the bag was the test with another little note that said We're having a baby!!! When he got home I told him there was a gift on the table from me. He replied with Babe its not my birthday you didn't need to get me something...lol! I couldn't stop smiling! He opened it and took the test and the little note out and just stood there for a minute looking at it and looking at me like are you serious???(at this point I was dying cause he looked so confused)but then he hugged me and said cool!hahaha I think we both were in shock for a couple days. We kept it a secret for a month! That was hard! I told my brother first because he's on a mission he's always the last to know so I told him three weeks before I told my family. His response was SSSSSWWWWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTT! YOUR HAVING A BABY! your doing what the lord commanded multiply and replenish lol.I asked him if he would help me tell our family. He emailed my mom and said he was sending the family on a scavenger hunt on Saturday at four the first clue would be outside of grandma Shirley's house. That clue said to come back to mom and dad's house and the next clue would be outside. They found the box and inside was a gift for everyone to open the gifts were baby things like a bottle, baby toys, etc.:) while everyone was opening their gifts my dad was reading this...

I do not have a face to see or put inside a frame
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,Or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come
January 20Th
That's when they say I'm due.
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter.
I can't wait til I meet you.
find out who the proud parents inside the baby bottle:)


It was so fun and it turned out great! I'm so glad its not a secret anymore!!!We couldn't be more excited! (pictures to come of the scavenger hunt)

18 comments:

Grandma Mc said...

I am so excited for you!!! I bet your parents are too, there is nothing better than babies to add to a family!!
Congrat!!

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

I think January is a great time to have a baby. That was my due date too! Maybe they can be friends with the same birthday. Although I don't want you to have to go a whole week over. So I will not hope for that!

Unknown said...

ahh! Congrats Keisha! You'll make such a cute mommy!

Unknown said...

sorry, It says Casey but this is Raquel :)

Michael & Nikki said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW I Couldnt be MORE excited in the whole wide world! I got cold chills and teary eyed when I found out! I was jumping up and down yelling at Michael! LOL!! Oh Keish, I CAN'T WAIT!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!! YAY!!

Michael & Nikki said...

OH YA!! your due date is our Anniversary! FUN!

julee said...

HA HA HA! I CAN TOTALLY PICTURE PAUL SAYING "COOL". WELL IT IS DEFINITELY COOL PAUL. IT'S LIKE I'LL BE A LITTLE "AUNT" ALL OVER AGAIN. IM EXCITED TO SEE YOU NEXT. AND THAT WOULD EXPLAIN WHY YOU HAVEN'T BEEN IN THE SUN. WE WOULDN'T WANNA BAKE THE BABY BLACK NOW WOULD WE! CALL ME SOON. LOVE YA MOMMA KEISH.

julee said...

AND CUTE IDEA FOR LITTLE GRANDPA GARY. THAT IS CREATIVE! IM SORRY I COULDN'T BE THERE TO HELP SATURDAY. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUN!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

I love your story! I want to see pictures soon!

Jason and Joanna said...

so so cute!

matesen said...

CONGRATS KEISHA! I am so excited for you! You will be the cutest little mommy ever! I hope you are feeling well-love you!

Mikkell, Chris, Maclee,& Marlee said...

Yay! You will have so much fun planning and getting ready for your sweet little one to come! By the way I got pregnant right after me and Chris got married and it honestly makes you grow so much closer in those nine months plus there is no point in waiting to start a family the more the merrier LOL! Congrats!

Unknown said...

WOW! I was definitely shocked... I was like dang that was fast... but THen I remebered Cody were only married 5 months before I got pregnant... you have us beat but not by much! I am excited for you and I know you will truely be a wonderful Mother! I was scared when I found out I ws pregnant but I know that Heavenly Father never gives us more than we can handle and it truely is a blessing to be able to be a mother! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Hope you haven't been too sick!

Unknown said...

WOW! I was definitely shocked... I was like dang that was fast... but THen I remebered Cody were only married 5 months before I got pregnant... you have us beat but not by much! I am excited for you and I know you will truely be a wonderful Mother! I was scared when I found out I ws pregnant but I know that Heavenly Father never gives us more than we can handle and it truely is a blessing to be able to be a mother! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Hope you haven't been too sick!

Jesica Lindsay said...

So cute! Congrats!

Kam and Jodie said...

Congrats you two! You will make very cute parents!

Taya said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you! Congrats Keisha and Paul! :)

JaKe and NaT* said...

keisha.. that is so exciting for you and paul!! i'm so excited for you.. you will be such a good mom i'm sure!! all the pics i have seen of you with little kids you can totally tell you just love to be with them and live in the moment.., congrats and i can't wait to hear more how the pregnancy goes.. so i just have to say that how you told paul and your family was so cute.. i teared up a bit i'm not goin to lie. i'm a pretty emotional person when it comes to stuff like that.. who knows maybe i'm pregnant lol just kidding but congrats!! sorry for the novel:)