Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Eventful Move to Provo.

Things were going great! My dad came down May 13 with his trailer. Paul was at work so my Dad and me packed all the boxes into the trailer. The next morning Paul and my Dad got all the heavy stuff into the trailer. Dad, Paul, Judy, and Me cleaned the house out. We needed to be in Nephi by 7 for Avia's Dance review. We were making good time we left the house around 2:30. Paul in his car, Dad pulling the trailer and me and Connly in my car. I get about 4 blocks away from our house and I get a call from my Dad saying he needed me to follow him to see if one of his tires was smoking. Paul got to him before I did and sure enough his tire was smoking. So he decided we packed the trailer too full and we need to unload some back at the house... from the looks of this picture you can see we didn't make it to the house. We had to unload some of our stuff on the side of the road so we didn't blow a tire. Awesome right? Connly and me hung out with the pile of stuff while they took the trailer back to the house to take some of the heavy stuff out. I had one guy drive by 3 times and take pictures. I thought for sure he was going to stop and take something. I had one person stop and ask What is all this stuff? One lady ask if she could donate to my yard sale. Pretty awesome. Okay not at all. FINALLY they got back so we could load up the stuff and get on our way. To make a VERY long story short we found out the Axel was broken and couldn't get get fixed for a couple weeks(turned into a month) my Dad missed Av's dance review. Mike and Paul drove back down to St. George to load half our stuff on another trailer so we could move in that night. What a not so fun weekend. With a ton of help from my amazing family a month later we are ALL moved in and loving it. We love being 40 minutes from my parents house instead of 3 hours!

We are so grateful for family! Thanks to everyone that helped!

1 comment:

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Moving is never fun, then to have issues while trying to do it makes it even worse. It's sad that you are gone from St. George but so fun that you are so close to your family.